Sunday, July 23, 2006

WEBS!!

This weekend I went to Webs with my mom, and indulged in some serious stash enhancement. I bought two bags of Debbie Bliss Merino DK in a yummy aubergine color. The Interweave Knits fall preview has some really interesting patterns, and I have a hunch that this would make a lovely Coral Crossing. The color is dark, but the yarn is glossy enough that I think a subtle cable pattern would be very nice, and it would be something that I can actually wear to the office. I can't wait to get my hands on that magazine!

I also got a bunch of sock yarn.


I am making back-to-school socks for my mom in the red and grey, and for my sister in the pink and orange. Mine will be in blues. My mom is a high school teacher, and the end of the summer is always disappointing, so maybe this will cheer her up.
When I was at my parents’ house I organized the stash I had there and brought back some awesome stuff. I won't need to by yarn for a really long time. (I probably will, though)

I have 2 bags of Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky in teal. This was originally purchased for Simply Marilyn. After all the negative feedback I wasn't sure, but I've seen some really nice ones in Blogland

I have no idea what to do with this Filatura DiCrosa 501. I have a TON of it, two bags of magenta and one bag of rose. I had been thinking Tubey, but I’m not sure. I would like to do something a bit more challenging.


I also have some Jo Sharp DK wool, which I was thinking of making into Tempting 2 for the Sexy Knitters KAL. I chose weird yarn for my current version of Tempting 2, and red wool would be nice for a sweater to wear to holiday parties.



In other news, I’m making some progress on my WIPs. This had been standing in the way of any progress on Zora:



But tonight I wove in all the ends, and now I just need to do button bands. I am about to turn the heels on Straight-Laced, and I am almost to my fifth dropped stitch in Clapotis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home