Sunday, November 26, 2006

Bittersweet

My Thanksgiving was intense. It was basically a long farewell for my grandfather, who is dying of lung cancer and congestive heart failure. He was still lucid and cheerful, and we can be very thankful for the time that we got to spend with him.

When I got home I didn't much feel like knitting. I felt like frogging.



I had five balls of Kureyon tied up in a wrap that just wasn't working out, because it wasn't drapey enough. The colorway screams my sister's name, so I will still make something for her. This time it will be a sweater. Of my own design.

I am very excited about this sweater, and I have high hopes that I can share it with you someday, in a somewhat public way. That means that I can't show it to you until well after it is done, which is annoying but worth it. The progress bar "sweater for Caroline" will indicate my progress so you know I'm not slacking. All I can say is that it involves Kureyon and my sister, and I really, really, really hope that you will all get to see it.

1 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

Very exciting! I can't wait to see your sweater design!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home