Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cozy

I finished Cozy!


Pattern: Cozy, Knitty, Fall 2004
October 27, 2006 to November 27, 2006
Yarn: Knit Picks Andean Silk, "Sangria" 8 balls
Needles: Knit Picks Options, #8
Modifications: I knit until I ran out of yarn. It is "long enough" but I didn't measure the length.
Comments: This isn't for me, so I felt a little strange modeling it. No harm done, the goofy saloon doors do the job quite nicely.

This is for a close friend of mine, who recently suffered dashed travel plans, a cross-country move, and the end of one of the most significant relationships of her life.


She was feeling pretty low for awhile, and feeling like no one cared about her. I knit every stitch thinking about her, and I hope it brings her comfort.

I used 8 balls of Knit Picks Andean Silk in "Sangria," because she likes sangria. This yarn is amazingly soft, and was a pleasure to work with. It has a beautiful but hard to capture color. I think that this picture comes the closest.


Everyone should knit this as a quick and easy project, or as an introduction to lace. I'll probably end up making a couple more.

3 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

wow! that is gorgeous!! I may have to try some of that Andean Silk...it sounds really nice! I know your friend will love it!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

That's really beautiful. I've been thinking about making that for my mother for a while now, I think you've convinced me :)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I made mine out of exactly the same yarn! It's gorgeous, and isn't it a fun knit?

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home