Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 Wrap-up

2006 was an intense year. I got married, experienced the first scary health crisis in a parent, and the first passing of a grandparent. A few days ago, my husband and I joined the ranks of homeowners. I’m looking forward to another exciting year in 2007, which includes actually moving into to the new home, in my hometown, and (hopefully) beginning law school.

2006 has been a good year for knitting. I had a lot of WIPs build up during the wedding-planning process. I started to get bored with knitting, because all of my projects were the same: in the round, size 8 needles. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I felt like I wasn't challenging myself.


Glasgow Lace was my favorite FO of 2006. I added waist shaping in a lace garment for the first time, and it presented just enough of a challenge to be really interesting, but not enough to be frustrating.


I'm also proud of the Chevron Bag. Granted, the pattern got rejected from an online knitting magazine that shall remain nameless, but it was the first pattern that I ever wrote up. It got picked up by a few free pattern sites, and now generates the majority of hits to my blog.

In 2007, I want to do more designing. I have a couple of projects in the works, and I am excited about them. I love the way I have to think about knitting to do this. I recently scrapped a project that I had originally thought of as a spring garment, but now I am seeing it as a fall garment and I know that it will be better than the original version I had in mind.

In 2007, I want to do more socks, because I have a pretty spectacular sock-yarn stash built up. I want to relax about gift-giving deadlines, and start things earlier. I want to work through my stash before I move. I want to keep knitting, and to stay involved with the wonderful group of people that I have found in knitty-land.

2 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

Wow! you did have an eventful 2006!!! Happy New Year!

11:33 AM  
Blogger lekkercraft said...

The Glassgow lace sweater is gorgeous, both in the color and the knitting. I absolutely love that it has a simple shape, but the lace keeps it interesting. Beautiful.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home