Friday, January 12, 2007

Calorimetry

I made Calorimetry for

my mom

and my sister. What a fun, easy, quick knit! Each was about half a skien of Malabrigo. I am especially proud of the one for my sister because of the adorable elephant button I found.

Caroline loves elephants.

As for "banging out" Red Light Special, I'm afraid it didn't work out.


At least, it didn't in time for Mom's birthday. That's fine, I had another gift for her. It is humbling though. I would ordinarily be able to whip up a hat in no time, but colorwork is HARD! I haven't done any in... gosh, I don't know how long. I feel bad giving my mom something uneven, but I'm hoping that a good blocking will fix it.

2 Comments:

Blogger bradyphrenia said...

those colors of malabrigo are so pretty, and i LOVE that little elephant button.

i'm planning to make a red light special too (in blues). i really like your color choices though!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Calorimetry looks great - love the colors! I made one too in some leftover Silk Garden - it was definitely a quick, fun knit!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home