Saturday, January 06, 2007

We bought a condo!

My husband and I closed on a condo last week, and I finally took some good pictures of it.

It is in Hartford, Connecticut, and is in a building that was built in the 1870s. The fireplace is original to the house, and I think it is absolutely gorgeous. I am from the area originally, and it makes me sad that Hartford is... the way it is now. I'm excited to be a taxpaying resident of the city, so now I can get involved in community groups and hopefully make a difference. The 1870s were some of the most prosperous and hopeful that Hartford has ever seen, and I think its really neat that we have a little slice of that history ourselves.

The woman who sold it to us had more... lively... taste than we do, so we're going to repaint a couple of rooms (and probably freshen up the paint in some others)

One room is currently orange, and I think we'll paint it the medium blue. You can't really tell, but those are navy blue velvety curtains that the seller left behind.

The bedroom is currently red, but we like the light green instead.


I am so excited to own my own place and decorate it how I please. Yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

Congratulation!!! It looks fabulous! I love houses with character...that's one thing we don't have too much of in the Texas suburbs. I think your color choices will look really great!!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Olya Olegovna said...

I am very much overwhelmed by your thoughts for this particular story. A more deeper and staged knowledge would be good for me. cottageme.com/offers/all/canada/ontario/bruce_peninsula

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home