Saturday, February 03, 2007

Does this look like a heart?

Awhile back I purchased a Cherry Tree Hill Supersock mill end from the ebay vendor emtnestr. It is a beautiful range of pink to red to magenta, perfect for Valentine's Day socks.


Since one of the Socktopia themes is "Forever in my Heart" I decided to do socks with lace hearts. I spent some time yesterday swatching, and I think I've figured out a cute little pattern. Does this look like a heart to you?


I probably un-vented it, but I figured it out myself, which is gratifying. I'm pretty sure that I'll be finished in time to wear them on the 14th.

Now, to be fair, I think that Valentine's Day is rather silly as a holiday, and James and I don't typically do much to celebrate. We both have winter birthdays, and it frankly seems like holiday overkill. That's ok, though, I'll take any excuse to knit and wear cute socks.

4 Comments:

Blogger rahime said...

What a good idea! That's going to be one cute pair of socks.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That's an excellent deal!

And yes, to me, it looks like a heart.

1:35 PM  
Blogger knitseashore said...

Your socks look so pretty, but I'm biased...I love heart shapes and I love pink! Doesn't it feel wonderful when you can work out some of these patterns on your own?! :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger prairiegirl said...

Awesome yarn! I love the colours and the heart motif is perfect!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home